Thursday, October 3, 2013

Computation Sticks

 
One of my goals this year is to keep the kiddos moving with centers, centers and more centers.  (Because they listen to each other way more than they ever listen to me!) 
 
I saw this great idea for Computation Sticks at Confession of a Teaching Junkie.  They were a breeze to make, and can be tailored to any standard you might be introducing, covering, or want the students to review. I have five sets for my math center.  Each set is written in a different color Sharpie so the sets don't get mixed up. 
I can even see this being used in Language Arts:
 
Start:  What is the prefix in undone?
Un:  What is a synonym for accurate?
Correct:  How many syllables in attention?
etc...
 
I think I'll try to rope my 4th grade Partners in Crime into making their own sets.  Then we can trade from time to time. 
 
What the Teacher Learned:   Sneaky learning is downright fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment